Got a passion for social media and curious how that could translate into a career? Ready to put your skills to work and gain some real world experience in digital marketing? Care Of Creative is a boutique Branding & Digital Marketing Studio based out of Baton Rouge, LA looking for a savvy, hard working student for the Fall 2022 semester to assist with the day-to-day tasks of managing social media for clients – staying on top of the trends, bringing ideas to the table of how we can help our client accounts grow, and creating top-notch, engaging social content for clients that drives results.
The position will be paid and for credit if desired, and will be fully remote – you just need to provide your own computer equipment and WiFi! Must be local to the Baton Rouge, LA area as we will meet occasionally to check in, collaborate and plan.
The Social Media & Digital Marketing Intern would help with the following tasks:
- Setting up and organizing content calendars for clients
- Brainstorming and developing content ideas for social media, blogs, and email newsletters
- Creating post graphics in Canva following brand templates and guidelines
- Creating and editing Reels/TikTok videos for clients
- Researching and staying on top of trends in Reels/TikTok, etc. (viral trends, trending audios, hashtags, etc.) and how we can use them for clients
- Scheduling and posting for clients (typically use Later to schedule)
- Pulling data and insights for monthly reports
- Potential for light copywriting for for social media, blogs and emails
The right person for this position is:
- An undergraduate or graduate student with a concentration in Marketing, Communications, and/or Graphic Design, local to the Baton Rouge area.
- Available to work remotely 8-10 hours per week. Must be able to provide their own computer, phone, and internet connection.
- Responsible and respectful of time and commitments. Takes ownership of work, and is trustworthy and honorable with tracking time diligently in a remote work environment.
- A great communicator – verbal and written – both internally and with clients. Ability to copyright and proofread client work is a bonus.
- Comfortable in all major social media networks, including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Always willing to learn with a positive attitude, and able to receive feedback and make adjustments.
- Able to work within brand guidelines and aesthetics. Being comfortable in Canva is a major plus!
- Detail oriented and organized. Able to follow directions and processes, and keep all work and communication organized and orderly.
- Up to date with social media trends and tactics, and always willing to execute. Video editing for Reels/TikTok is a major plus as well!
- Good with technology in general, and able to adapt to new softwares and systems. We will use Gmail for Business, Google Docs and Drive, Asana, Later, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite programs, and various other photo/video editing tools.
- Position is for the fall 2022 semester for both credit and hourly pay, with the potential to extend into a part-time position beyond the internship.
- Remote position with ability to be flexible with student schedules.
- Small, one-person studio affords a hands-on mentorship experience working directly with the owner. Intern will gain relevant social media and content marketing production experience as well as a look into the business- and client-side experience.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume and work samples (if available) below for consideration.